Pages

Wednesday, January 23, 2008

These are my babies...

The Storybook Cards that come with each Billow

Well not really my babies...but these storybook cards are part of my heart, & created because of one special baby girl. Years ago, my daughter asked me to make a small pillow for her daughter that was still too small for a big girl pillow, & still too small for an adult pillow-so I covered a "just right size" pillow for her to snuggle up with to go to sleep...So along with the little pillow, I took it one step further & created a little storybook card that was "short & sweet" to go to sleep... BUT, I still needed a name-hummm...Under the Willow was already launched, & now I had this dear little pillow...so it came natural to trademark this creation as a Billow~ simply a small pillow of comfort...made Under the Willow. The original story is called My 1st Billow, & along the way many other Billows ~ pillows of comfort~ have been created. Perhaps one of the most popular has been the Breast Cancer Awareness Billow with the storybook titled: Spirit, Hope, Belief & Courage... And to make this gift a heirloom there is an area on the back of each card that may record who the gift was for, who gave the gift, & the date.

Post Script: My 1st Billow an exclusive story about when a child learns the magic when its time to give up taking the Billow everywhere...reminiscent of giving up his/her blankie & enjoyed by all ages...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Such a loving gift to give to someone.

Ginger~~Enchanting Cottage said...

You are so creative!They are truly a keep sake.
ginger