Pages

Sunday, February 3, 2008

Today I made ...

Farmhouse Oats & Honey Freshly Made...SOAP
SOAP! The weather is unseasonably warm (50 degrees) today. A jacket was hardly needed to wear down to my soap kitchen. In a few days this freshly made batch of Farmhouse Oats & Honey soap will be ready to cut~ & in another 4-6 weeks it will be ready to use & to post on my Under the Willow gift site. One method of soap making I use is called "Cold Process". I have never really figured out why the term "cold" is used; afterall~ the soap batter is very hot before pouring~ somewhere between 100-120 degrees...

Stay warm! Have a great week ahead..

3 comments:

Anne-Marie said...

It's called "Cold" process because in theory, no outside heat source is required to make the process work. The lye water gets so warm that it should melt most of the oils (except cocoa butter and PKO) all on its own so you don't really need any heat source. Thus, the "cold" process term ...

Or at least that's what I understood ...

Michelle said...

Thanks for that bit of info AM! =)

Lovely soap Carrie!

Joanna Schmidt said...

love it. Looks good enough to gnaw on.....