Pages

Sunday, July 1, 2007

Bird Watching....Name that Bird!

Today is Sunday July 1st, the beginning of a new month and to my delight the beginning of a new life, in the making...Look what I found in a bush next to our porch...





...To make this find even sweeter, it is the nest of the Maryland State bird ~ the Oriole ~ well, so I thought, but after doing some research...I actually can not identify this beauty...



She was in her nest, but quickly flew off ~ a fence post away to stear me away from her baby...I can already see she is going to be a very good parent...




I quickly snapped a picture of the only egg I see...are there more?







I will quietly visit her again, and to try capture more pictures as the babies are born, etc...


If you can identify this bird, please drop me a line! I would love to know.

Hope you had a great weekend!








1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The bird you photographed is a Robin. Isn't the egg a beautiful shade of blue!!

here's a link to an entry in wikipedia about Robins

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Robin